offers a unique degree in theological education, designed to prepare you for ministry in a theologically diverse, multicultural and multiracial world. For Meadville Lombard students, the Master of Divinity degree balances rigorous education and ministerial formation:
- “Ministry happens in the real world, so that’s how—and where—we learn to be fully prepared.”
- “This is the kind of seminary that engages me on all levels and speaks to my soul.”
- “The [Contextual Learning] model means you don’t need to uproot. And by doing internships in my own community, my education is even richer.”
Students in Meadville Lombard’s Master of Divinity degree program:
- Benefit from our distinctive Contextual Learning model of education: Learn and gain experience where you choose to live, and travel to Chicago only for one-week intensive courses in January, March, and July.
- Study in the Unitarian Universalist tradition, which is welcoming to students of all faiths
- Gain practical experience through integrated internships in your congregation and community
- Learn with our world-class faculty and be mentored by Teaching Pastors throughout your academic experience
- Complete the program in three years as a full-time student or part-time within four to six years
The Meadville Lombard MDiv degree prepares
students for ordained ministry in roles ranging from parish ministry and chaplaincy to not-for-profit leadership. Students seeking to be Unitarian Universalist ministers are guided step-by-step to ordination.
Meadville Lombard's MDiv program is accredited
by the Association of Theological Schools
and satisfies the requirements of the Ministerial Fellowship Committee of the Unitarian Universalist Association.